Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tag chaar aka Nidhi's tag!

Stolen from Nidhi.

The Rules - *I challenge you to make your own list. The only catch? You can't include a single person you know on your list. No "I love the way my husband laughs" or "I love hearing my little girl call for me." It'll be tough, I know. But this particular little exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you (not his partner; not their mother/daughter/sister/friend) love.


I love sitting in the corridor outside my class and catching the wind. Being part of the mob that runs inside whenever anyone at the staircase yells, "Bhaago, Shobha's coming!" Hot chocolate fudge at Nirula's. Jabbering on and on and making no sense. I love scribbling into my journal at night. Traveling. I love the shivers down my spine after being drenched in the rain. Climbing trees. Jumping into puddles. Splashing paint and slashing my jeans and then calling them works of art. I love causing someone to break into a smile. I love causing someone to throw up on Coke because of guffawing too hard at my lame jokes. Staring out of the window on long car drives. Cycling. Trekking. Mountains. Listening to Strings late at night. I love hour long phone conferences where everyone makes jokes simultaneously, then laughs at their own joke, and they're all happy thinking five people found what they said funny. I love Drake and Josh. And Megan. Old photographs. Monochromes. Nonsense masquerading as abstractness. My nonsense. Individuality. Hot Choco-latte at Cafe Coffee Day cupped into palms on freezing winter nights. Being liked. I love chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Lots of chocolate without the calories. Rereading old posts and thinking what an I ass I was. Black gel pens. I love Calvin and Hobbes. Learning. The smell of old books. I love character. Acceptance. Chocolate Truffle with Sour Cherry sauce from Bread and More. Holidays! Economics. Myself. Longish complicated sounding words that make me sound pseudo-literary. I love the desperate types. NOT. Snuggling into a warm blanket while listening to Fix You. Genuineness. I love colour. Exploring. Photographing people off guard. Sunrises. Lying on my terrace and looking at the stars. Going wild. I love surprises. Pushing myself. My W120. I love glass bangles. Gossip. Douglas Adams. Walking barefoot on dewy grass. I love Pakistani Rock Music. Impromptu shopping trips [paid for by parents!]. Four hour long conversations, solely through chits, at school. I love nostalgia. Closing my eyes and soaking in darkness. Vibrancy. Bonfires. School. Celebrations. Five people sharing a packet of Senor Pepito Nachos because they accidentally discovered combined chilladh in their bags amounting to ten rupees. I love the Litchi groves at Glasshouse on the Ganges at Rishikesh. Memories. Knowing there's so much to be grateful for. Storing time in a jar at the back of my mind. =)

23 comments:

Disha said...

Four hour long conversations, solely through chits, at school.
I thought you hated that? :S :|

Pushing myself.
Vhoa, V. Slov Dovn! :|

I liked the randomness though. =)
And Fix You!

Vasudha said...

Noo! Not when you can't talk otherwise. Its just that if they're just two people around, and there's nothing stopping you from talking, I'd rather use me dual vocal chords. =P For further details, refer to Jabbering. =P

Ven did you turn Russo? =| Or Czech. =P

Thor said...

reminds me of the opening chapters of Victor Dragunsky's 'The Adventures of Dennis'.

brilliant work...as disha mentioned, i too like the randomness

wild iris said...

Love it :) I've been working on mine for some two weeks. Though I might as well just club yours and nids' together, for all the difference it'll make. Boo.
Old photographs? :D I wrote a poem on old photographs a few days ago =)

The Keeper of the Keys said...

My nonsense
And your scribbles, i love both of them too...

Great tag, bu tare you sure you completely kept out people from your list? ;)

Geek Wrestler said...

*trying.

Geek Wrestler said...

I'm still to figure the thing out. :|

kika said...

I think I'll go with Disha. I loved the randomness, the small things that are sooo common.

L@$H@ said...

Its perfect all in all.

I LOVED this post tremendously.
more because it had that feeling of nostalgia all along.

It's one of your best, in my opinion.

Applause.

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

OMG!I love this tag!Me chorying.:D

And yeah,I love the way you wrote it.:)

Radhika Saxena said...

Omg nice! but wait,you no love me na? :s

Vasudha said...

Thor : 'fession time. I hadn't even heard of the book before this. I just read the first three chapters, and I wish I'd heard of it some eight years back. Thanks for dropping by! =)

Wild Iris : Ooh nice, I'd love to read the poem! Its a great tag to do, innit? You should get around to finishing it off soon. =)

KotK : Aww, thanks! And lol, come on. A little sneakiness never hurt no one. =P

Geek Wrestler : The tag? Or mine? =|

Kika : Yeah, and writing this one out makes you feel so good. Give it a shot?

Lasha : Nostalgia's great. =) Seriously? That's high praise. Or not, considering the choices you had. =P Thanks anyhow. =D

Prerna : I wanna see your list! =D

Rad : Says who? =P The truth always makes itself known. You know, na? =P

geekwrestler said...

Didi, where's my tag? Didi you'll do my tag na, didi? Please didi? :P

Vasudha said...

Sure I will. Tag paanch for Geek Wrestler turned paanch. =P

Geek Wrestler said...

Darn, forgot I'd commented earlier. Yeah, I meant the tag in general. It was confusing..

Vasudha said...

And yeah? How/Why? =S

brocasarea said...

a bag full of memories there!!!..:)

Geek Wrestler said...

No, don't worry. I finally got it.

Note to self: Read the rules... even if you don't care for them. :P

Aanchal. said...

Everybody's already written what I wanted to say!
Let me repeat that anyway. :]

I really did like your idea and you've put it so nicely. You lie when you say you're not good at expressing stuff. You ARE. It just shows. And Abhilasha's correct when she says this is your best post till now. I agree with her. :]

ishmeet said...

Ah, I like quite a lot of those things you've mentioned too. Never really tried to listen to Coldplay when snuggled in a blanket, though. No wonder you like Megan, actually. Evil sadist woman :P

Scribblers Inc said...

nice you look...
Mekaal Hassan Band??

Scribblers Inc.

ishmeet said...

Ah, actually I know. Nik is supposed to be the evil woman but since she's not "active" nowadays, you get the honours :P

Shailja said...

Love it :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com