Tuesday, July 15, 2008

For Better or Worse

"Didi, I don't have my napkin."

"I'm not allowed to have ice cream, Didi."

"You come in N9, no, Didi?"

"HI, DIDI!"

"Didi, you won't have ice cream?"

"You're a member of Roshanara Club na, Didi? I saw you!"

"I don't [slurp] like [slurp] chocolate flavour, Didi."

"Didi, Samridhhi has potty!"

Two years back, I was here. Not exactly telling on my classmates' toilet training skills, but still being the annoying prat who loved dissing the school, the play, the presentation, the kids who would play Mother Veronica, and their invariable fainting on stage. The five rupee orange bar we used to get morphed into a twenty rupee Cornetto with the Indian economy progressing. But then, I'd still crib. Something had to be wrong, eh?
Another day, another time. Life smacks you in the face, with a past-you looking at the present-you in the eye. And you're on the 'other' side now, the one that takes the dissing patiently. Not just that, but everything that comes with it. Authority, responsibility, accountability; I don't like [=P]. Sigh. Growing up is no fun. Two years of growing up now on display, live and exclusive. Go play.

Oh, and by the way, in an evil twist of fate, I didn't get any ice cream this year.

9 comments:

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

"Haw..Vaasoo didi,you didn't get your ice cream today?"
I understand how terrible it must have felt.Aww.Its okay.Spring will come soon.:)
*huggles*

Okay,yup.I is bored.AND I couldn't think of anything other comment.AND I couldn't resist the '0 comments'


And btw,I hate growing up too.:|

The Keeper of the Keys said...

OI!!! Happy BloggieBirthday!!

I hate growing up. In fact, I resent growing up.

kika said...

I will call you Vaasoo didi because Prerna told me to call you that and irritate you...

Now that you're rechristened...I liked the post. Also, poorie you didn't have ice-cream (I mean cream-cream because pracically the ice had melted into water).
We had!
Nananananananananana!



See! I've still not grown up!

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

any other comment*

*hi5s* kika!:D

Vasudha said...

Prerna : I know! The one time I'd have been thankful for it, I didn't get it. Why? Cause I was preparing for the Economics Symposium. Baaah.
Spring is almost a year away, technically. And metaphorically, its gone... forever. =(

Nidhi : Thankee! =D Lol, I usually welcome change. Just had a heart to heart with reality. =|

Kika : Why Vaasoo?! I mean, Vasu isn't all that bad, come to think of it now. =| Baaah again. =(

Disha said...

I'll call you VASA! :D
w00t.
And aw :(
If its any consolation, my icecream was an icecream sandwich.. A dripping one.. half of which fell as soon as I unwrapped it.. so.
Trust me, you're better off this way :)

Vasudha said...

VASA VATER. VERY VELLA. VERY V.
VOOHOO!
=|

Ha, my sources informed bothered to blabber about it. =P

Radhika Saxena said...

OMG!! I Remember that!
Vasu : hands me the sonnet
Radhika *reading.....*
Vasu : you know this kid just walked upto me and said Didi she has potty!
Radhika : Lmao! eww!! bachhe bhi na,gawar hote hai!

Vasudha said...

Rad : Good memory, kid! =P

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com