Monday, November 10, 2008

Post-ponement


[I don't really know what I'd call this. It isn't poetry, its still not prose.
Thought stream, prolly. =/]


I walk through grey meanders,
Stepping carefully to avoid
the dark criss crosses:
Wars of leaves and wires.

Then on to lanes
Of sound and play
They don't run about like we did, though.
PSP huddles. I trudge on
through roads and lost times
Quagmires, shaken off.

A look up, and the sapphire holds me
In a careless twine around its littlest giant finger
I care not for the chain
In its grasp, I am free

A blare and a hasty look down
A mumbled apology to the driver
An uncertain shake
And then,
The mindless laughter

Boxed houses lined up
Off key Idol singing runs out through one
And a yell for someone to shut the back door
Before another someone runs away
And the smell of hot packet soup
Simmering lightly;
Warm yellow lights.
Like any of the other
Lined up beside
And yet..

Open your heart..

I'm home.

5 comments:

Thoric said...

//And the smell of hot packet soup//

Hope the person making it is a better cook than me. :| :P

Vasudha said...

But then, I don't mind thickly prepared hot packet soup y'know. :P

ishmeet said...

Interesting.

Quagmire. Nice word.

Radhika Saxena said...

your thought stream is so erm beautiful..?! :P :)
Oh btw..we used lines from your poem in our song!:D
I dream for peace to open the door,
that holds the hope for millions more..
pretty lines,me likie :D

Vasudha said...

Ish : Ah. Interesting comment. :P

Radh : Poem written three years back you mean? :P And I thought the words sounded familiar when I heard you people practice! :o :P

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com