Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kem cho, majama?

Check 1..
Check 2..
Check 3..
Working. Whew.

So. Where have I been?

The parents have decided its high time to get their parental priorities right, and set curfews, computer usage limits, omg-you-sleep-at-one-or-do-you-even-sleep lectures. The coup de resistance goes way above these though. Its the 12th, beta. You need to study. Bas, nothing doing. Come November, and the Net's going, and we'll keep your phone with us too. Come on, its a measly five months, and its for your good obviously. Ab nahi padhoge toh kab, haan?

I was counting on my sister to throw a few tantrums here and there, because if the net goes, it goes for everyone, and she does like swiping my cell, then locking herself up in the bathroom and going through my inbox. Well, protest she did. Net stays. For her.

However, thanks to whatever little convincing powers I have [I'm trying to be modest, see?], there has been leetle leeway for me too. Been allowed Net and cell phone usage on Sundays, which means, for the most part, you can expect posts every Sunday. Think I might end up being more regular while grounded in a twisted, paradoxical way. O_o
[Yay! I know a word with x other than Xmas!]

Anyhow, my momma has been trying her hardest to make me a demure, soft spoken SSBN.* Which is why she's vigorously been rigorously training me in cooking basics. Her reasoning behind it is that I should at least know how to make basic survival food. My reasoning says as long as I know how to operate a telephone and have the number of the nearest Subway/Domino's, I'll survive. Luxuriously. But then, steely motherly ha-ha-now-get-to-work looks have a tendency to whip you into action. And so we begin.

Day 1
Aloo Capsicum

Honestly, how is something I dislike enough to not eat it going to help me survive? I mean, if I'm not eating it..
Enter afore mentioned steely look.
Ah, yes.

Take a kadhai ["Um, which one is the kadhai?"] Two teaspoons of ghee. Add sliced onions when it gets hot. Saute until they're pink. ["But they're just getting yellow."] Add chopped capsicum and ugh-ish looking tomatoes. Salt and red chilli powder. Diced boiled potatoes. Turmeric. Cover it with a lid, wait for two songs to finish on your iPod, and voila! You're done. Garnish with a tomato flower [6 petals, NOT 8], green chillies, and finely sliced adrak, and you're positively cordon bleu.




Ah yes. I, kitchen failure non-parallel, made that.



*takes a bow*

Think twas edible. Mum's still fine. Me? I ordered in pizza for dinner.


*shaant, sushil bharatiya naari

14 comments:

Chitwan said...

Haha!
Again, a witty and humorous post.
Your blog is extremely entertaining!
P.S. Another word with the letter 'x'.
:P

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Ho ho ho.
Me mom's been getting these fits since about..2 years?
I've till now just about learnt how to cook,or rather,burn chapatis.Come some day,I shall make you have some of them.
And yes,being with BJ has sown beans of sadism in me too. =)

L@$H@ said...

I was about to barge into your cbox and write an angry 'I WANT A POST'.
As luck(your luck ;D)would have it, you had posted!
And well, SSBN in the making eh?
Well, I DONOT think it is for survival. It's for erm.
Yeah.
(It's a wild guess.)
And, funny. :D

You MADE that? Never have I eaten such well-garnished food at my place, unless some1 forcibly drops in.
Well, weird.

But hey, that looks like a great dish you made!
Kudos!

SSBN. Nice nickname?
;)

Jagjit said...

hehe, funy post like it :)

Akanksha said...

//as I know how to operate a telephone and have the number of the nearest Subway/Domino's, I'll survive.//
I think maggi,cup noodles and other ready to eats will be a lil more economical,don't u think?

ishmeet said...

Yes yes, very pajama. Kem cho you?

Chalo, at least you have Sundays. Maybe things would improve further. 12th is VERY overhyped. Aaj kal mere kuch jaan pehchaan waale toh kewal Sunday to Sunday hi jeete hain.

Oh, and if your mum succeeds in making you a soft spoken SSBN, tell her to try and do the same to Nik. And if SOMEHOW she manages to do that, then erect up a statue of her at Madame Tussuad's, really. SRK, Amitabh ke toh bekaar mein laga rakhe hain. Teri mummy ki toh serious achievement hogi.

And that Aloo Capsicum looks wonderful. But mere bhi liye bhi Pissa plz, thenks. I don't eat Capsicum. :/

Nik said...

//I, kitchen failure non-parallel, made that.//
You forget, I put salt in my fudge. You cant beat that.

Axe, Exit, Examination, Extempore, Axial, Poxes Six, Nexus, Axis, Exuberant, Vixen, Axion, Axiom, Exacerbate, Flex, Coax, Pixel, Pixies, Xylophone, Vex, Fix, Doux, Box, Beaux, Jinx, Ox, Oxen, Wax, Tax, Taxi, Axil, Axle, Saxophone, Xenophobe, Extra, Mix, Expedition, Noxious, Xerox (yup, 2), Elixir, Sex....
I'll stop on that note since everything ends with it.


Ish: haha, that would indeed be a monumental achievement. Me, a quiet bashful girl. ROFLMFAO

kika said...

ROFL!
LMAO!

Thia was really funny...

And the ironic thing is that mum, just told me half an hour ago that I'll have to make at least 3 chapatis...

Hmm...

Lets see how that goes...

The tomato dressing looked amazing! Wow!
You've got talent, girl...

What are you doing in commerce??? Wasting time and you rlife...

:P

Rajat said...

How ironic! Your mother makes regulations for internet and cell-phone, but makes you waste your time on cooking! Tell her, its 12th!! :)

Radhika Saxena said...

Khem cho?!
sounds like chinese..
Majama?!
Chinese ke saath gujarati mix? wow! lol
you were bored,very bored..weren't you?
and the aloo looked yum! school kyun nahin laayi,naalaayak ladki!
aur erm..
aunty ko bolo ki tumhe SSBN banana naamumkin hai,isliye woh apna time waste na kare! :P

Vasudha said...

Chitwan : Thanks. Haven't heard from you in ages. How have you been? :) PS. LOL. :P

Prerna : Ooh, chapatis are next on the agenda. Apparently, brown bread just doesn't make the cut. :/
I thought her sadism was reserved for Aku. :/ :P

Freya : Jeez, it does? I was hoping March would see an end to it. Sigh. Things go on then.. >.< SSBN, TBD, aal thee same thing, ji. :P Thanks for visiting! :)

Lasha : My luck? Why, were you planning to bazooka me or something? :P

Simple solution to that. Start making your own food. :P

Thanks!

Jagjit : Glad to know that. Thanks for dropping by. =)

Aku : Maggi and Cup Noodles. Maida. Tauba, tauba. :P Aaanyway, I'm too lazy to make things myself. :P

Ish : Majama.

Yeah, she said the plan wasn't really stringent and -could- be revised, if need be. :/ Tis overhyped, but I doubt I'd study if there were no restrictions. :/

Ha. That's called pushing your luck. Tis an impossible task, sir. Nik ya main. Koi bhi. :P

I don't like capsicum much either. Pissa kaunsa? Margherita will do? :D

Nik : Give me time. :P
LMAO, woman you crack me up. :P
How bout quiet, bashful girl prone to fluttering her lashes coyly? :P

Kika : You mean I should be sitting at home, making chappatis and er, fluttering my lashes coyly!? :o :P

Rajat : Ah, but in her book, survival is supreme. :P Don't mind using the excuse though, thanks. :P And three new visitors, whoa. ^.^

Radh : Dude. Gujarati. Dono. O_O
Extremely bored, as always. School nahi layi cos the one time I got aloo chaat, Disha thought it was paneer tikka. Dunno what she'd have said this time, so the dar made me keep it ghar pe y'know. >.< :P

The Keeper of the Keys said...

OMG. No net? No phone?
But I guess it is for your own good. When I was in twelfth I wasn't really this addicted to the net, I would just log in every 15 days I guess. And no phone to call my own either. Heh. Have fun!

SSBN??? LMAO.

LOL, I think you did ok, in the kitchen, great in fact.

Cover it with a lid, wait for two songs to finish on your iPod, and voila!

ROFL

But seriously, the loss is ours, not yours. Bah, blah, bleh. All the best for the boards!

Vasudha said...

Yeah, I know. Which is why I can crib and whine, but at the end of the day, I give in. Having fun. >.<

Thanks! :)

Mine too. Miss out on updates from y'all. But well, I can sneak in online. Do, too. :P Thankee. :D

Shailja said...

It looks very edible to me :D

lmao at SSBN!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com