Sunday, November 16, 2008

Damn. School.

Dear Me,

I know you can't take in the things that are happening. I know you feel like things are going too fast, skimming swiftly over you, like you're an insignificant stone on the road that can't stop anyone's progress. I know you hate this happening, but I also know that inside, whether you admit it or not, you know this had to come and the timing is the best it could have been. From a soft laze to a crescendo, and then a fade out.. The end is nigh.

You probably rue not making better use of the year. You probably rue not attending English classes since July. But come on kid, would you have been able to shriek,"Come you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here!" on stage, in front of 350 people, otherwise? Would you have been able to see Zeus, Athena and Aphrodite dance to Pappu Can't Dance and teaching fractions while organising the Maths play otherwise? And look. Ten days of pizza as refreshments win over five months of English anyway.
[A little denial never hurt no one.]

As for people, they'll be there. And if they aren't, you be there for them. In the end, it amounts to the same thing. She said you fear failure, didn't she? That it pulls you back when you think you're not going to be good at something? She knows you well. But it isn't failure.
Its change.
Displacement.

What's happened? You thrived on change. Challenges, opportunities. You still do. Its just the void you need to overcome, and then we'll be back. As one.

Good luck.

Love,
Me.

[Aanchal? I just did your tag. =)]

12 comments:

Nik said...

How bout I copy paste this onto one of them sheets and write, Dear Vasudha instead of Dear Me? [I can exclude the we'll be back as one bit. I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet. :P ]

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Yes,the pizzas you refused to share and then called me,'bhukhi'. :|

You're not an insignificant stone on the road,girl.You're the very road on which walks your life.You can take it wherever you desire.

And who said they wont be there?They will.Always.Me atleast.Constantly nudging you and making you make unsuccessful Oxford/BCL plans.

You know what?I just realised I,I'll need more than a sheet for you.Can you afford that?

sm said...

hi

interesting blog

see you later
mitesh

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Akanksha said...

I like your attitude of accepting things as they r.Wish i could learn a bit.
About the part where u said that if pple r nt there for u,u will always be there for them?Well,with experience i can tell u dat its nt dat easy and it always doesn't happen.Circumstances don't allow it everytime.:(
But i hope it happens to you.
U can just hope for the best:)

Aanchal. said...

I agree with Akanksha, about the whole acceptance thing.
Shows the strength, you know.
Oh, and we'll miss you.
Esp the fact that we'd have no, I mean, NO "didis" having an authority over us.
:)

The Keeper of the Keys said...

LOL.
You regret missing english classes??? Did I get that right?
And the only thing you need to be afraid of is fear of failure.

Disha said...

I think I'll cry..

brocasarea said...

one thing i have learned is to accept things...it really relieves ur mind..tc..bye:)

Radhika Saxena said...

I meant with a loud bhain ;\

Radhika Saxena said...

I didn't comment,haww. I thought I DID.;S
I don't want to go.. ;s
I don't want you to go either,like I said yesterday,you're taking me wherever you go,I need you and will ALWAYS be needing YOU.
and I'm going to start crying again..without a LOUD bhain this time ;s

♪♪HARINI♪♪ said...

lol me too!!!! i feel so much like that.. i miss chemistry all the freaking time!! i loved ur blog.. can soo relate to it, really.
am blogrolling ya.

Vasudha said...

N : ROFLMAO! No can do, woman. :P

P : Whaa!? Ab pizza mera toh main kyun du? :/ :P

As are you. Thanks. :)

Hahah! Sure thing, the plans ain't gonna stop ever. Codeword being plans. :P

Think I can. :)

SM : Hey, um. Thanks.

Aku : Yeah, I know that. Thus. =( Hope it happens for all of us. Everyone. Rather, we'll make it. :)
[This sounds like such a corny wannabe-inspirational speech. :| :P]

Aanchal : You'll miss that? You'll be celebrating that kid, trust me. :P

KotK : Uh, yeah. One of those crazy phases. *shakes it off*
:P

Disha : :(

Brocasarea : Yeah, trying to do just that. :)

Radh : Um.. Radh. Weren't you going with Nangia? I'm not off to Stanford too, y'know. :P
Without is better. :| :P
And I need you too. :|

Harini : Jeez, thanks. :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com