Monday, December 15, 2008

Goings On

Another one of those career counselling sessions happened at home.

Mum : So what are you going to do after you do Eco?
Me : Um. You realise I'm not even necessarily doing Eco, so kinda off-tangent to tell you what I'll do after that, right?
Mum : But you must know something..
Me : See, I'll give you a better option. I'll do one of those photography diplomas. Then you won't have any doubt. I'll have to be a photographer. Easy.
Mum : Photography is redundant. Why don't you become a paanwaala?
Me : Um. What did you just say?
Mum : Yeah, see it's safe. Recession, no recession, you're protected. No risk.

So. Vasudha Paanwaali and Associates anyone?

*

During the last week, I have been told that :
  1. I need a nose job.
  2. I am disloyal. [o.O]
  3. "Hey, self obsessed!"
  4. I should get my hair rebonded.
  5. "Bitch about you? You're our favourite topic of mockery, honey."
  6. I dance scarily. [After seeing the videos, I have to agree]
  7. "You = innocent? World = apocalypse."
*

The last fete at school just concluded. If last year was Operation Human Poster, this year was no less. The lucky draw stall I was on duty at had a cycle as one of the gifts. One glance and I knew it. Convince teacher, check. Convince friend, check. Fifteen minutes later, there's a crazy female cycling around the grounds with another at the back, shouting, "Luckydrawluckydrawluckydraaaaaw!" in manner of enthusiastic DTC conductor. The 9th standard actually cheered. Good God.

*
Day 1 of the Get Active Finally programme.
7:00 AM

Grandmum : Where are you going?
Me : Walk. I'll be back in an hour.
G'mum : Where?
Me : Here and there. East, I guess.
G'mum : Why don't you ask Chacha to drop you?


Oh, btw.
Presenting : The HOTTEST JOGGING FASHION TRENDS THIS WINTER!

Unclejis : Blue hoodies and red track pants. [No.s spotted : 4]
Bachchajis with ages in the region of 15-25 : Over sized bomber jackets with hot pants. [The males ie.] [No.s spotted : 1] [No of aforementioned bachchas spotted : 1]
Auntyjis : Salwar kameez, with the dupatta over the head. Secured in place by a brown monkey cap.

*

I like imagination.
More importantly, I need some.

*

14 comments:

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

I got somewhat the same reaction when i mentioned photography too. :| :( Bad worrld.

How come I dont know about the cycle thing? :O No pictures also! :O

& LOL @ the Winter wardrobe thing! :P

Vasudha said...

Nooo, tis not that. She'll let me do that if I want. [Let me? She wants me to not study, she'd rather I do something with minimal studies studies.] It's just that she wants me to be a little ahem, innovative. O.o

The cycle thing was when the fete had just started! Then the teachers thought no one would want it if the tyres got too dirty, so I stopped.
And yeah, no pictures. =(

Disha said...

You crack me up.
Unsarcastically.
And you know I was kidding about the nose job :|
You keep going on and on about your nose, so I thought, yknow, just to shut you up momentarily.
It's okay. I like you as you are :)
Nose jobs are too artificial :P
So, be the motu motu nosed Vasu.
I like her :)

Oh and the paanwaala thing was hilarious :P Hahaha.
I think your mum is awesome! =D

Sukanya said...

hello , object of mockery!
u shud be happy u have provided me and aku countless hours of amusement, and helped s tolerate agarwal ki gay awaaz(and harkatein)!!!!!
funny post btw...your mum rocks!


p.s.- was i the one who called you "disloyal"? if i did i'll back myself, if i didnt i'll support the person who identified your disloyalty and brought it to your notice!

Vasudha said...

Dish : Ah. Nothing shuts me up, remember? :P
Not getting a nose job. Don't want one. Can't afford one. :P

Yeah, I think so too. :P

Suku : Greetings, o mockerer.
Happy? I am.. to put it lightly, ecstatic. Yes. But honestly, I'm not that interesting y'know. :/ :P

PS : Yes. Who else? No wait, don't answer that.

Radhika Saxena said...

Vasudha paanwaali,toh Radhika - kudewaali?!
You do not need a nose job,
you do bot need to get your hair rebonded,
and
you are not self obsessed![okay,maybe a lil ;p]
You are oh-so-disloyal!
I also wants to chalao cykill.
Evening walks are better yay.
[meri aur Sharmada ki mad ishtories aur rainbows mein chocolate pastries khana,we go for walking btw!;p]
Mornings suck,cz for the past 3weeks I've been getting up at 4 or 4:30am regularly and studying till 8 or 9pm with max. two one hour breaks in b/w. ;\

Aanchal. said...

Lol. Guess what?
This post wasn't much of a surprise to me because Disha decided to play Prerna for a while.
But it's still funny.
And yeah, the cycle thing was great. Except that I didn't trust you enough to sit behind you.
And being a photographer? That was pretty obvious considering the fact that you've already been offered many future wedding contracts by Disha. And Prerna too.
Oops, how can you do Prerna's wedding? You'd be too busy taking "pheras" with her, right?
:P

Sukanya said...

who said you have to be interesting? it was a polite way of saying that you have a lot of BAD qualities that we can bitch about :P

Akanksha said...

Did i ever tell u?
I wanted to invent a paan whn i was small which ws nt harmful and wud be as 'tasty' as it is nw('tasty' for the pple who eat dat is).So i am in!:D
I agree with whtever suku said..There r so many things about u 2 talk about:P
And i remember whn u were dropping me after the fete till the gate u were blabbering somethin about the cycle.I wasn't listening dat time waise:P

Akanksha said...

Oh!And don't ever evn think of calling urself innocent again in frnt of me:P

Sukanya said...

yeah i knw when you were talkin abt the cycle thing, i just heard cycle, thats about it, oh wait and the part that you rode it!

Geek Wrestler said...

Hmm.. I'm sold on the Paanwali idea. What say, 50-50? :P

Vasudha said...

Radh : Disloyal!?! :o Not another one. Hmph. >.>
Cool, cycle tour of the city soon? :D
Wait a minute. Don't you sleep at 3 or something? Jesus, woman. I won't call up to wake you now. :|

Aanchal : LOL, I like the analogy! :P
You should really trust me more, yknow. I'm hurt. *sniff*
:P
With her!?! Haye tauba. :P

Sukanya : Ah. Thank you for the clarification. O.o :P

Aku : Invent? Arre, just out the supari, and there you go. It's medicinal too, I *think.*
Yes, yes. Sure.
I should have expected that. You're just as bad as Iyer. >.> :P

Geek Wrestler : Nah. 20-80? I'm 80. :D

Shailja said...

I quite like your grandmum!!!

And the fete thing sounds hilarious!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com