Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Utterly nonsensical musings of a bored bleuh-ger : Two for joy

Ahh...now this feels like home. Presenting UNMBB , with all its randomness, yet again :


1.
Finally returned to school after three months, and the only thing I've realised it that three months away from school doesn't quite make the bimbettes sane[like anything could].But anyway, first day of school, Computer Science.The CS teacher, obviously used to the lack of normal people in CS by now, tries to get out of teaching us, and drones about what we're gonna be covering this year.
"So, apart from the history of computing, we shall also be studying programming..."
-pauses, because a specimen of the aforesaid species has raised her hand.
"Yes?"
"But ma'am, uh uh uh, I thought we would make programs in class XI....?"

Sigh.I should've told her that apart from programs, we'd also be making itineraries.Something tells me she would've believed me.


2.
The Deathly Hallows' cover's been released.Now, this definitely ain't my favourite cover yet, but, I dunno if you people have noticed, there's this thing which looks uncomfortably like an elf [Dobby?Winky?Kreacher?!?!] grasping Harry's shoulder and waving this sword which looks a lot Godric Gryffindor's sword. JKR's already said they're gonna be two deaths in DH.However much I'd like to disbelieve it, the cover looks *shivers* frighteningly ominous.

[More later in the Deathly Hallows post]


Oh.OH.OH!!!!
Anyone heard the rumours?
DUMBLEDORE'S RETURNING AS AN INFERIUS!!!


3.
Contrary to her describing herself as an uh...something Martian, recent reports state what Disha actually looks like.
Don't believe me?
Read this
Disha Pandey was in the News!



4.
And.
Bangladesh is my new favourite cricket team.

And the best part? Its all our own fault.If we hadn't been hell bent on Partition [we being pre1947 Indians] [and okay, the Muslim League and Hindu Mahasabha were the ones hell bent, but ultimately everyone agreed to it.So,whatever.] then, Pakistan, India and Bangladesh would have had a common cricket team.So, India and Pakistan would still be in the WC; Sachin would still have endorsements and would hit sixes, if only, in ads;and maybe, only maybe, I wouldn't think Shoaib Akhtar was that ugly.


5.
I think insanity's come a-visiting.


*





20 comments:

Aanchal said...

Uh.. First and foremost.. You ACTUALLY think,..Shoaib Akthar's not that bad looking?!?!?

Secondly, serisously? Is there some kind of a Dumbledore-returning-as-an-inferious wala rumour?

Thirdly, You've got this AMAZING english.

And Last, I really like this post!

Vasudha said...

1.Nooo.... I think he could give Prem-lata competition, and that's saying something.
If he was in the Indian team...I'd still think he was bad looking butmaybe, I wouldn't rant about it :D

2.Chyeah.From what I've heard, there is.I'll explain more in my next post :P

3.Uh.No? :S :S

4.And last, fanx.
:)

GeETikA said...

first o all.....amazin english dude..!!


secondlyy...shoib aktar is as ugly as yukti batta..n i wuld still brag bou it...n well tis totally our fault dat we let d partion crap let happn...lolz...(d last history chap suked to d core...lolz)

n i totally agree wid anchal.....tis a amazin post!!
keep up d gud work gal...
lookin forward ta more o d sme kind.....

kk........lytrs..

Vasudha said...

Ahem.Dude.If Yukti reads this, you are so damn screwed man.I ain't sure, but she *might* have my url.
:P

Prerna said...

Hah!
Suchanda teaches 11th CS right?

& btw,
Pity our then ministers couldn't foresee India losing & Bangladesh winning in World Cup 2007,that would ateast have reduced one of the Historical events!!


& like that article on Disha..
High time u claim it now Fish!


& ofcourse as ever
EXCELLENT POST!

Vasudha said...

rofl.
Yeah, Suchanda's the one.

Seriously, had they not had the partition, we'd prolly have had half our History book slashed down.

I mean, all they needed to do was tell the Brits they could call the Tikka Masala their invention in exchange for giving us independence.
I mean,talk about fair deals.
:P

Pranav said...

Seriously,
& in that case the lesson would have been named
The 'Tikka Masala' Freedom
instead of
Our Freedom Struggle & The Struggle For Independence & what not!
& it wouls have had only one SUBHEADING!

Prerna said...

Guys,
That was me PRERNA
Sorry..

Vasudha said...

Hehe.That's kay.
You're pardoned :D

Chyeah, and that under that subhead would be...
"..And on 15th August 1947, after one hour of negotiating with members of the Cripps Mission, Jawaharlal Nehru and M.A.Jinnah, came out smiling as they had successfully got Indo-Bangla-Pakistan independence in exchange for letting the British take credit for making the Tikka Masala.And after that, they set forth on the task of making a Constitution which ensure people all forms of culinary freedom, and not restricted to being made to eat Tikka Masala with Butter Naans for every meal of the day.And with that, Indo-Bangla-Pakistan's freedom struggle came to an end."
Sigh.

Vasudha said...

Whoops
*ensured
**not restricted them to being made to have

Disha said...

Okay!
I finally read this.. and my internet is still not working..
Im on a friend's computer..
And vasudha, fanx a lot. :)

Vasudha said...

Hmmph.
When you told me in school that you'd left a comment, I seriously didn't expect this.

Aanchal said...

She's Just So Un-reactive.

Ask me.

Vasudha said...

Okay.

Hey Aanchal,
Does Zish have eight valence electrons?
Vasudha.


:P

Aanchal said...

Looks like somebody's too good at chemistry.

*sigh*

Vasudha said...

*looks around to see who aanchal is talking to*



Grr.I hate chem.I loathe chem.I detest chem.I despise chem.I deprecate chem.I abominate chem.I abhor chem.I spurn chem.I dislike chem.I deride chem.And best.I love thesaurus.com

:P

Aanchal said...

And..

I hate you
For beating me in all my witty answers.

:@

Vasudha said...

Hawww yaaa.
ze Fish hates me and you hate me too now.

Sigh.
:( :( :(

Vasudha said...

Yaypie!!
Finally someone who doesn't hate me.

*huggles*

:P :P

Vasudha said...

Awww...how could I?
Its feels nice to not be hated :D

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com