Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ow.

My butt is aching after sitting on a wooden plank-chair for three and a half hours straight.






More later.

EDIT:

The full story? You bet.

Though this is not an attempt to expose the insane state of affairs at weird-ish NTSE centres in Delhi, I have an even more weird-ish feeling it just might come close.

12 November, 2006 A.D.
2:00 AM.
I trudge back home bleary-eyed after spending two and a half hours trying to play football with a bunch of guys 1 x 1000000000000000001000000000 better than me.

7:00 AM.
Moi gets up, looks for school uniform, calls up 5 people to ask if they are going for the NTSE.Is suddenly hit with the relevation that I just might be the only one giving it.

9:00 AM.
I reach Govt Boys Senior Secondary School, Minto Road, just as it says on the admit card.

9:15 AM.
The centre has been changed to Govt Something-Something School, Mata-Something Road, just as it says on the admit card.Not.

9:30 AM.
I am in room no. 12 hopefully with people from school, if they decide to turn up.

9:45 AM.
I am sitting on a wooden plank/chair, next to a wispy-ish 8thie from Lady Irwin School.
I am also being shouted at by the Invigilator for sitting at the wrong seat.
I am also being asked to get up, look up my correct seat number and find it.
I sit at the same seat again because it is the correct seat.
I am shouted at again and made to look for the correct seat.Again.
I am shouted at for the third time AND made to look for the correct seat AGAIN (does it matter that I am ALREADY sitting on it??)
My dad is shouted for being in the room.Does it matter that they are parents of five other kids there??
I think that the Invigilator does not like me.

10:00AM.
MAT begins.

11:30 AM.
MAT ends.
I try not to look at the Invigilator as she collects my question paper.

11:35 AM.
SAT begins. By now, my butt is aching (badly) because I am still sitting on the wooden plank/chair. The fans are off. Every 17.5 mins, I can hear the sound of a train passing.The Invigilator is also pissing me off.Because she happens to think I am some snooty kid.Which I am not.

11:59 AM.
The SAT sucks.Majorly. Super majorly.
I have resigned myself to picking out mistakes in the question paper and irritating the Invigilator by pointing out every single one of them to her, then asking in my most innocuous voice whether she can get them clarified.

12:12PM.
Shruti asks the Invigilator if the people who have finished the paper can leave.The Invigilator says no.
A groan resounds through the un-classroom.

12:56 PM.
Contrary to what Disha expresses on the C-Box, I am not in love with my paper.I am just scouring it for any questions I might know.

1:00 PM
Shruti asks the Invigilator again.The Invigilator says no again.A groan resounds through the un-classroom again.

1:10 PM
The NTSE is over.
A horde of people rushes out of room 12.
Freedom! Liberty! Tyranny is dead!

And so ends a chapter in Vasudha's life.

------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

8 comments:

Dish said...

ROTFL!
Aha! Special mention of a certain somebody? (:P and i dont mean 'Disha'.. uhh.. somebody else!)..
Anyway.. I didnt know that invigilator tale..
Good goin'.. that banda invigilator was an ignorant twit and the lady kept screaming on top of her shrilly voice.. while shruti.. who sat in front of me kept.. pchht-ing.. boy..

Vasudha said...

That banda-invigilator was still okay...didn't bother much with our side of the un-classroom....

And the reason why that un-lady kept screaming was yours truly....ME.

shayeri said...

hehe......i on the contrary had a very interesting exam.....balanced precariously on the top of a topless desk!! and my buttock balanced on a so-called chair, but in reality, a seesaw bewitched to fool us. Mat paper was given 20 mins. late to us, and taken 10 mins early, so we cudn't attempt a part of the paper. so we're sueing (i dunno if that's the correct spelling :S) the invigilator, who was nothing but a gossip bag. She sent the entire 3 and something hours of ntse bitching about dogs, cats, other staff's children, other staff's lunch boxes etc etc with the other invigilator. incidentally both were female (cudn't you guess???:O)

and we had to tell her "ma'am chup rahenge?"

sheesh.

Vasudha said...

LMAO!!!

and we thought we had it tough.

and Disha...don't get your hopes too high....that wasn't a special mention.....she kinda fitted in the whole thing....:D

Vasudha said...

btw..

the admit card calls the un-classroom an examination "hall".....


for some reason...I am vaguely amused.

Dish said...

Hehe! NTSE madness in the air. Wont you guys quit talking about it?

Vasudha said...

Yeah....
but I guess I've been SO shaken (shaken:lol) by the whole thing that I have trouble coming back to Earth :D

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com