Thursday, September 25, 2008

Aaand its deja vu!

Last year, last year's creative writing competition. This.
This year, this year's creative writing competition. This.

Ahem.

THE BEST WAY TO DESTROY THE EARTH
[in the opinion of a few honourable gentlemen]

'There's a hole in my bucket,
Eliza, a hole..'
A child singing his rhyme
could take its toll.
The noble young 'un
With a heart of gold;
Of environ consciousness
In school, would've been told.
Precious water would go waste
Flowing through the hole;
Paining our noble,
aggrieved young soul.
To the town mayor
He would scurry;
[Trying times like this
Necessitated hurry]
The mayor would look,
solemnly; and say,
"I see but
no other way.
A problem so serious
Needs more power.
I shall make calls,
Wide and far."
The environment minister
At once would be called;
He'd look at the bucket
Stricken, appalled.
"The bucket makers
Should die of shame,
Of so sacrilegious a sin
They are to blame!"
A committee would be formed,
A panel laid;
To see if the bucket
Would make life fade.
The learned chairman
Would adjust his glasses,
Cough, and be ready
To face the masses.
"This bucket here
Doth proclaim :
Repercussions for which
We have no name.
The aqua would flow through
And be wasted;
People would die
H2O untasted.
Dehydration would take
Further lives:
Men and women
Husbands and wives;
Producers would die
Supply would fall;
[The author has economic knowledge,
however small.]
With no food to eat
We'd be dead meat;
Scavengers would abound
Rise and soar,
The black eagle would burp
Having had bodies four.
A gurgling in its stomach
Would put it ill at ease,
For it would develop
A weird sounding stomach disease.
Flowers would wither,
Plants die;
No life on earth,
My, oh my.
This is true people,
fear oh fear!
Armageddon beckons,

Apocalypse nears!
The world is in danger,
Do well to worry:
Live your dreams,
Dude! Scurry!
The earth will soon be dead;
Drenched in streams of red.
But remember this mortals,
I, first this, foretold,
So when you make money on your bets
I want commission in gold."

Er, yeah. So I suck at rhyming. And I digress. :P

14 comments:

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

I gave you my way too over excited expression in school. ;) Ilyi! :D
And my rhyming is worse,so dont worry!:)

Vasudha said...

Hahaha, yeah you did. Ilyi sounds like sounds like telugu, dude. :P Thanks for ilyi-ing it though. :P

Nah, nah. You're good from whatever I've seen. =)

kika said...

Encore!

I quote 'Prerna'
The Prerna who didnt write the R in encore on that sheet.

Though we tried to stop her.
LOL

But anyway, I guess I didn't tell you in school but it rocks!!!


Its hillarious! Too good!!

:D

Aanchal. said...

And the illiterate one says:
It was nice after I understood it, totally. The idea was the best thing about it!
:D

L@$H@ said...

Nice one.
Actually, the rhyming isnt as bad as you'd like to think..
:/

Akanksha said...

I read!
I understood!
And i liked it:D

Thor said...

amazing...
amazing...
amazing...

Scribblers Inc said...

goooooooood!!! :D

Scribblers Inc.

P.S.-reminded me of some funny poets, but I can remember the name.:P

Disha said...

I understood too!
Surprised? :P
Haha, and I liked it!
And I wish it won't happen anytime soon ;)

Nik said...

Haha.
Envy you kid. Wish I could write funny. :P

Vasudha said...

Kika : Haha, yeah our very own r-less Pena. :P
Thanks! :)

Aanchal : Illiterate? Nah, don't think so. Just look at what you've written. :) Glad you got it though. :P

Lasha : Honestly? Gee, feels great coming from you. :)

Aku : Yay, peoples are understanding. I is happeh. ^.^

Thor : Whoaaa.. [three a's for each of them :P] Thanks!

Scribblers Inc : Whoa again, thank you!
PS. Can or can't? If you can, tell me. :P

Dish the Fish : Iono about surprised but relieved, yes. :P And haha, me neither. :P

Nik the Na- um.. leave it : You can write funny, kid. =/

Ish said...

Who told you you suck at rhyming? I fucking loved that poem! Its bloody brilliant!

Vasudha said...

Ish : Gee, much flattered. ^.^

Shailja said...

Modesty!!
So I missed out on this event too??? :(((

I love the smooth flow and the language is beautiful Vasu :)

I bet anything you won :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com