Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fluff

[also, UNMBB no. 5]

  • I is being thrown out of the house. The mother says I is a bad influence on the kids because I care about my marks overmuch.
  • Overzealous tuition teachers can be hazardous to health. My Economics tutor just got an A/C installed in our room, and in the josh of jawaani, keeps it on at full blast at 18C. Couple this with my delicate little nose, and you have an olfactory disaster. Picture this : I'm sniffing away to glory, and the leaky sneaky thing refuses to stop. So I think I'll run down to the chemist and get some tissue paper. Lo and behold, the chemist hands me a wad of 300 table tissues. I ask if they have a smaller pack, and the answer's in the negative. At this precise moment, my friend comes up with a bright plan. Why not use wet wipes? I give her a deadpan look and say, "They're -wet.-" She uses the mesmer, or whatever, but at the end of it, I give in. Now the pack I buy is aloe vera and mint extract. This should be a good time to be wary, seeing my past history with aloe vera, but cold viruses numb your brain. We're back at the tuition centre and now I get this incredulous stare from the first person I see. I realise I'm holding a wet tissue to my nose. A wet, or in other words, completely and utterly drenched tissue. One that says,"Wow, isn't that some cold?" Blah.
  • Paul Newman endorsed Lux. Someone please lend the guy some money.
  • Rabri Devi has sisters called Rasgulla, Paan and Jalebi. Someone please send them my sympathies.
  • You didn't go for COQ 08, did you? Ha, sucker. That's why you didn't know.
  • In Breaking News at School!, the Chem lab has been shifted from the first floor to the ground floor. Why? Because the pillars supporting it were cracking. All thanks to the lovely, studious Science kids who can't fathom spending a single minute without Pradeep [the book, silly] and therefore spend 24 hours of holy inactivity studying. This leads to the formation of perfectly spherical human spheres of scientific excellence, and puts too much weight on the pillars. The pillars can't bear the brunt, and crumble. What if someone had actually come under them? Studying is injurious to health. Your honour, I rest my case.
  • Now Dish the Fish has been up to some tough, tough work lately. No, she hasn't mastered the art of laughing without the hand coming up to cover her mouth yet [though persevere and you will learn, bachcha.] In actuality, she's done much more. Madame Amphibian has found me a proposed soulmate! In her words, "He sounds SO much like you, the solutions to problems he gives, his accent! [I don't have an accent btw, just an overlyexcitedspeakfastrushwhooosh way of talking], has this really nice, deep voice [um. I screech. And that's me being objective. :|] and he hosts a radio show!"
Sounds perfect, doesn't he?

Just this minor catch.

His show is called er.. Between The Sheets.

28 comments:

Aanchal. said...

I would totally like to comment upon the Disha case, lol, idk about him 'sounding' like you, but he definitely reminds me of you, probably because of what he speaks rather than how he speaks.

And, what's up with the title?
Fluff?

Sukanya said...

wet tissues?! god! btw dis person i knw uses toilet ppr , as in nt d 1 currently in use , bt asks her dad 2 get a new 1 !! so ur case is i guess kinda ok.
nd i hate dat radio jockey his accent is horrible n he talks bullshit(i guess u cn figure dat out 4m d name of d show he hosts)

Nik said...

Did you know that the concept of Mesmerism actually exists? According to the "discoverer" it is brought about by animal magnetism.
haha.

Radhika Saxena said...

just HOW BORED WERE YOU??
oh and I totally agree..studying is definitely injurious to health!

Disha said...

Whoa..
:|
See? Aanchal thinks so too.
I think Sukanya is biased and calling that show the B word makes me want to kill her. Its disrespect.
And. Aw :) I know why you wrote that :P
Hah.

And whats up with the title.. Fluff?
Recent obsession with the word, eh? :/ :P

Vasudha said...

Aanchal : Seriously? I still don't get how. I mean, he does sound like a normal, sane person [er..] most of the time, but.. I don't say all those things that often. Or do I? :| :P

Couldn't think of anything more apt. :P

Sukanya : Toilet paper? Ew. Its not even thick enough. :P Lol, don't listen to the guy that often. :P

Nik : Okay, jeeez. The term's most common usage today refers to a person's sexual attractiveness or raw charisma.
Shouldn't have used the word. :|

Radh : Very. :P

Dish : Its scary. :| And I don't necessarily think she's biased, maybe its just her opinion. Not everyone has to like the same thing, right?
I do too. I needed to fill up the place. :P

Yup, yup. :P

L@$H@ said...

Well, if you dont know, its only the likes of yukti batta and manvika singh and ishita marwah, who carry pradeep. Its a rotten book anyway, and it never makes any sense to me.
:/
They carry it for different reasons, though. :P


I'm, well, as you musta guessed, pissed.
(not with you/ur post duh...just...)

Akanksha said...

//In Breaking News at School!, the Chem lab has been shifted from the first floor to the ground floor. Why? Because the pillars supporting it were cracking. All thanks to the lovely, studious Science kids who can't fathom spending a single minute without Pradeep [the book, silly] and therefore spend 24 hours of holy inactivity studying. This leads to the formation of perfectly spherical human spheres of scientific excellence, and puts too much weight on the pillars. The pillars can't bear the brunt, and crumble. What if someone had actually come under them? Studying is injurious to health. Your honour, I rest my case//
Even though i spend most of my time in commerce section,i still have some loyalties towards my science section.
I take this as an offence.
And u r stereotyping us by saying that all of us roam around with pradeep books which is SO NOT TRUE.
Mocking us?
NOT DONE.
I agree with the last part though that studyin is injurious to health.

Sukanya said...

i dont get , how am i biased?

Nik said...

Haha. You were just thinking of Fowl weren't you?

Vasudha said...

Lasha : I didn't. And lol, what reasons? :P

Jeez, why? Still not over the life's a bitch phase? :|

Aku : LOL, I so anticipated that. Agreed, I'm stereotyping. I was just sick of being good to people. [ha!] Am I gonna be killed Monday morning? Must pack my trainers then.
Aaanyway, I got the reason for the shifting wrong. Its cause of the strain due to the people from my section bunking there. =P

Nangia : Uh huh. :P

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

We're not that bad,you know.Try knowing us and you might reconsider.:)

Vasudha said...

Try knowing who? :|

Vasudha said...

You mean I don't know you? :|

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Us,the sciencees.

Akanksha said...

Yes,u don't knw us and thats why u r stereotyping us.
SAD.
Won't leave u on monday.
Or maybe i will.I am tolerant to other peoples' point of views no matter how wrong they are:P

Arpit Kumar said...

hi , nice blog my friend liked it too, just a question??? is this original stuff ????

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Yup,you dont know us.You otherwise wouldn't have referred to us like we're some despicable species who pollute the earth and should be brought to an end.:| :(
And yeah,I agree with Akanksha wholly!:)

Vasudha said...

Aku : *looks aghast* *is heart wrenched* I was only trying to act like a bitch yknow! :o :P
Oh I know you won't leave me. Ever. Ek saal toh peechhe padhi hui hai. :P

Arpit : Hey, thanks for stopping by. :) And yup, all original. Which friend, if I may ask?

Prerna : *sniffle* Aisa mat kaho yaar. Achhe log ho. Tumhare sahare hi is desh ke IIT chalte hai. :P And you know I was kidding in the post, right?

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Matlab hum keval is reason se acche hain?:O That hurt,you know.:( :P
Obviously!What made you think I wasn't?You would've been killed abhi tak,had I thought that way!:P

Vasudha said...

Did I say that was the sole reason? Its just one of the major ones. Imagine the loss that would've been inflicted on the government otherwise. Khaali IIT. Radh bhi bore ho jaati, ghar ke aas paas koi khaane peene ki jagah nahi hoti. :P

Sukanya said...

kitne velle ho yaar tum sciencees i mean if u'll are really dat cool stp trying to rub it in , seriously i mean if u knw it y r u trying to convince us ?

Akanksha said...

You don't need to act like one.
You are already one BITCH:p
Matters of heart shudn't be mixed up with this issue i must say.;)

Aneesh said...

i was just wandering and saw your blog ......must admit .....was impressed by your likings .........moreover liked your posts .....totally varied ... well i can go on post morteming this .....but really great job... and got something to think bout

L@$H@ said...

Chuck the reasons.

Life's not a bitch.


























Its a superbitch :)

nids said...

Lol. I'm just trying to imagine you with a wet tissue on your nose. zomglol. And your theory about chem lab is pretty neat.

Vasudha said...

Suku : Yeh kya ho raha hai!? Turf wars! :P

Ish : Haha, most people just end up buying them for the hype, don't they? I have four years worth of brand new RD Sharmas. :|
And the comfort it gives to know you at least made an effort to study. Effort being walking till the dukaan. :P

Yeh kaisa insaaf hua. Meri ek Accounts ki book is almost the same as Pradeep. No fair.

ROFL, that was awesome! :D Go Nerd Power! :P

Aku : Oh, but matters of the heart are pervasive, say I. >.>

Aneesh : Whoa, seriously? Glad to know that. Thanks for visiting and commenting! :)

Lasha : Heard something similar to that about me once I think. Wonder who said that. :P

Nids : Zomglol. [Used to say that at one time. Zohhmigod, hahaha! :| :P] Teehee, thankee.

Shailja said...

I love the description of the sciencies :D:D:D:D It is soooo appropriate :D But with due respect to Abhilasha, there are exceptions :)

Dish has a good sense of humor :P

Its not Rabri's sisters who have those names.. Its her daughters!! You missed out on Malai and Mishri btw :PP

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com