Tuesday, October 9, 2007

His only lament.

A mind bogglingly congested array of buildings. People clamoring out, rubies on their necks and the diamonds on their cuffs sparkling in the golden sunlight. Enough distraction to confuse just about anyone. Just about, though. Not me. I could see my target, my salvation, clearly among them - jostling with the gem laden. His flamboyance brought that familiar hardness back to my eyes. He just didn't.....care.

How could he not care? Millions had perished at his will; wives, children, parents...MY wife, MY children, MY parents. He didn't care; his opulence continued, as did my destruction. The caring was left for me to do, wasn't it?

I had to carry the burden of my survival - he wore his on his sleeve. I had to deal with the guilt of still living while others ravaged - his exploitative expeditions were a cause for celebration. My vision fogged as my reminiscence continued. I'd returned home, joyous, only to find corpses strewn around. Shattered windows : the glass of my shattered dreams. How could he?
I vowed I would show him what he'd done. Torment him the way he had tormented me.What was my folly, after all? That I lived in a country whose leader was one he couldn't see eye to eye with? Or that I was of a religion he found contemptuous, and to uplift us [oh, what moral values] he would first have to control us, showing his might by killing us?

Did he have to climb through mountainous ruins, searching a pulse in his lifeless son's body?
Did his parents mouths get eternally parted, uttering their son's name with their last breath?

The wind brought a chilling shiver to my bones and broke through my thoughts.I shifted, readjusting my position.I cross checked everything, and whispered a silent prayer, as the bomb on my jacket ticked its last.

14 comments:

Disha said...

My vision fogged as my reminiscence continued.
Tumhe chashma laga hai.
Isliye. :P
Dumbo!!


Shattered windows : the glass of my shattered dreams.
Aww.. Foggy chashma toot gaya?
Vball match. :|

Vasudha said...

They're plastic lenses,okay?
Unko bhi feel hota hai.

:P

Disha said...

Vokay.
:P
Aww.
*pets lenses ki aura* ;P

Vasudha said...

Haha!
Shattered lenses ki shattered aura :P

Vasudha said...

Hehe.Thankee :D

Buhh...the link doesn't work :(

Aanchal said...

See, if i were to rate you on this out of 10, i would give you a 9 and a half and i'll cut half because i'm J.

:/

So, you can just take it to be full.
So, indirectly, i love it!
:P

Disha said...

AANCHAL IS J!
LMAO!
NOW SHE IS JAANCHAL!
:D
:P
JAA-AANCHAL!
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
;P


You think I'm an idiot, no? :(

Aanchal. said...

Yes, you guessed right!
:D

shayeri said...

oh creepy...
amazingly freakily creepy.

Nik said...

good job kid... u got the cynic to shut up. lol.

Vasudha said...

Whew.
Took long enough.

But it didn't get me to shut myself up.There's one, pretty obvious mistake there.Go play.
:)

Nik said...

i just came from playing..
dont wanna go again *whines and wails*

i learnt an important lesson today: never even attempt to cross canine territory....

Vasudha said...

You came back from playing what?
Dog and the bone? :P

Nik said...

more like "catch me if u can" with unfriendly canines.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com