Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Taggie!

Tagged by the Fish.
Alright, so the ten things I love!

1.11C
My new class rocks!Its the best I've been in after 9C which was anything but dreary:catfights, patching up, teachers complaining about us, lectures by the Principal, NO studying,gangs, dumb charades,writing dumb poems in Shalvi's diary, writing dumberer songs for THE band, staring at the Math teacher[the WHOLE class, and then she'd wonder what was wrong with her], staring at the Math teacher when she wore her fave yellow sari with the yellow heels and fluorescent orange nail paint [on her toes...ugh], the Mussoorie trip, being the emcee at the Annual Day when the mic didn't work,the Math teacher resigning.
My new class looks promising....hopefully this Math teacher resigns by the end of the year too.
*crosses fingers*

2.Football in the rain!
Back when I was 9 or 10, my neighbor had just bought this Santro and because the World Cup was going on at the time, he got a football free with it.The next three weeks were spent sabotaging the back lane and playing football with all the other kids in our lane.But then, this woman realised what had actually caused all those dents in her car, and she didn't let us anywhere near it.We stopped playing.In a year, the lane got car choked [Note to self:Rapid economic growth isn't necessarily thorn-free] and we were left without a place to play.The football still lies in a corner of my neighbor's house, deflated and dusty.Sigh.

3.Velapanti with me friends
Usual sites of action : M blawwwk or ze Priya complex.We go, barge into some place and start talking [read:shouting] loudly.Try this, criticize that.Hang around inside doing nothing in particular.Oh, and it isn't without its hazards - we were thrown out of Guess once :P Once this is done, take unlimited rounds of the place; you're bound to meet someone you know.Here air kiss, and give them those fake hugs.Leave them with an accented,"Nice meeting ya, hunneh".Start all over again.
Lather.Rinse.Repeat.
Simple.And fun.

4.Imitation freak dancing
I love.This one is a regular budday party feature.Acting like you're doped and then doing all of 'em moves.So much so , I have me partners fixed by now.Nimmi and Hooper, raise ya hands and be counted!*Nimmi and Hooper say aye aye*

5.Cheering people up [:P]
Gelato.Chocolate.Lame jokes.Next up is singing Fix You in my bihari accent.

6.Acting weird
I had this entire phase in the tenth when Aku and I would talk to each other only in Hindi, which is kinda tough 'cause normally when you're conversing in Hindi, its okay if you intertwine it with a liberal dose of English.So we'd start the day with Shuch Subah [literal translation of good morning, though its never said like THAT!] and ask which adhyapika wasn't present, whether Aku had had a fight with some sakhi of hers and what she'd gone for bhojan.And the best one, Aku telling me she had to go to the shouchalaya.

7.Gazing at the sky at night
Siiiiiigh.I dunno why.I just do.Even when I'm not particularly looking for Orion.I just do.Even when there aren't any stars.I just do.Even if its just clouds or the Moon.I just do.

8.Finding stuff I wrote years back
Makes me think,"Gawd, you're just so good, woman!" Haha.More to the contrary.My fav fav fav is[and I know I posted this one long time back.I don't care.Mwahaha.So there]


All the world's a stage
And all men and women are merely players.
*faints*
Oops.
Stage fright.

9.Slumber parties!
And all the dressing up,parading,scary flicks and pillow fights [yesh Dish!Them too :P ] with them.


10.Early morning treks in the mountains
This one's more of a summer holiday ritual.Going to Mussoorie, or Dalhousie in the vacations and getting up at 5 to catch the sun rise, feeling the warmth creep up your face, watching the dew ebb away,feeling free.Fortunately we stay a li'l farther off from the city when we're in Mussoorie [Dalhousie doesn't have a city so as to speak] so its always fun just being.......yourself, and having time to think.



There, so I'm done.Thankee Fish, I'm feeling a lot better already :)

And I tag : Aanchal, Prerna, Shayeri [all of you are already tagged by Fish in any case, but I'm tagging you too...which means you HAVE to do this one!], Anahita,Geetika and the Sporadic Blogger.

3 comments:

Disha said...

*slouches on the chair*


im jealous!
and thanks for mentioning my name.

*jumps around shouting 'i am SO popular'*


and i was trying to be sarcastically funny.
and i m not in a good mood right now.



and i'll give a better comment soon.

sorry.

shayeri said...

something to post about, without making you want to tear your hair off =D

Ankita Saxena said...

thanx prerna fr sayin dat 9C kept da tradition goin i hope dis batch does'nt disappoint us

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com